Helping you to cope with problems in your everyday life
Social workers help a wide range of people who are dealing with difficult situations in their lives. We help people to adjust to and cope with their medical conditions and associated lifestyle changes.
We also help you to manage major life transitions, such as moving into a nursing home or other accommodation.
We offer both practical assistance and counselling.
- Counselling and life coaching across the lifespan
- Family therapy
- Support for grief and loss
- Support for mental illness and substance abuse
- Domestic violence intervention
- Referrals for community services and coordination of home care packages
- Case management and advocacy
- Accommodation assistance
- Helping you to navigate the transition to nursing home
- Helping you to adjust to disease, injury and lifestyle changes
- Helping new parents to adjust
- Helping you to navigate the new National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and consumer directed care (CDC) framework
- Acute or chronic pain
- Diabetes and other metabolic conditions
- Respiratory conditions including emphysema, Cystic Fibrosis (CF) and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Hearing and vision loss
- Memory loss and dementia
- Neurological conditions including Acquired Brain Injury (ABI), Parkinson’s disease, CVA (stroke), Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI) and Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Anxiety, depression, PTSD and personality disorders
- Postnatal depression or difficulties adjusting to new parenthood
- Substance abuse
- Family problems and domestic violence situations
- Problems related to ageing
Helping you identify and achieve your personal goals
Life coaches help people to get from where they are, to where they want to be. By using coaching techniques such as reflective listening, reframing, and asking questions, we challenge your thinking so that you find new ways to look at your situation. Then we keep you on track and motivated while you implement your plan and achieve your goals.
- Helping you to adjust to and improve your performance in new life roles
- Setting you on track to achieve personal and professional goals
- Helping you to find greater meaning in your life
- Assisting you in a new career path